Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blue Moon...


Blue moon. A rare phenomenon, which became an expression to describe something rare. "Once in a blue moon", something that almost never happens. But again, if it "almost" never happens, it means that sometimes it does. And when it does, what a delight that is! I would never be able to talk about it as well as Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart did, back in 1934, when they wrote this beautiful song... Which became an anthem to me ever since I heard Billie Holiday's cover, the most famous to date, the most beautiful to date... I have lived quite a few rare moments in my life. Some of them are really precious to me. Really unforgettable. The last one is still taking my breath away. I wish everyone in this world could live at least one "Blue Moon" moment in their lives. It's just the kind of thing that makes life worth living. Those are moments worth dying for. Blue Moon...


You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked to the moon it turned to gold

Blue moon
Now Im no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

No comments: