Tuesday, June 29, 2010

wise advice #2: respect a woman's shoes!


Don't even ask me why. They just do. Women LOVE SHOES! No matter how young or old, rich or poor, pretty or ugly, THEY ALL LOVE SHOES! A regular guy will need to have an average 7 pairs of shoes in his closet: 2 pairs to go to work, 2 fancy pairs to suit up to, and three pairs of sneakers. Of course, I am not counting "active" pairs for regular sports practice, such as basketball, running, etc. I am talking street sneakers, here. A regular woman will easily DOUBLE that number PER SEASON! I've had a girlfriend who travelled with an entire big ass shoe-filled Samsonite! For a weekend getaway, she would take no less than six pairs, only to wear two...

It is no secret for any human being that women love to buy outfits they will wear once in their life and throw into a corner until it has become "fashionable" again. For some odd reason, even if they often buy the shoes to fit a particular outfit, they don't seem to fall out of love with them as much. It is an illusion to think that a woman can ever be satisfied with the millions of pairs she already has! For women, shapes, colors, models, designs, fabrics, EVERY LITTLE DETAIL justifies the purchase of another pair, no matter how similar to a dozen she already has they may seem to you. That's YOU seeing, and "YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT SHOES, to begin with!" All it takes is for her to see a brand new model of Ferragamos, Manolos, Louboutins or the affordable knockouts, and IT'S ON! It doesn't matter if they can only wear them with THAT one dress, if they cost half a salary, if they hurt their feet like hell, if she loved them SHE HAS GOT TO HAVE 'EM! It's that simple...

"So what I have 347 pairs of shoes, and my shoes closet is bigger than your clothes closet? I don't have THESE shoes! And I KNOW you are not cruel enough to believe I can go ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT THESE BEAUTIES!!!"

Yes fellows, we can argue about a lot of things, we can rebel against dishwashing or putting down the toilet seat, or even come home drunk on a regular basis... She will throw a tantrum every once and a while, but deep inside, SHE KNOWS that's who we are. So we shall not stand in the way of our loved ladies and a new pair of shoes. THAT'S WHO THEY ARE!


(And I kinda have to admit it: though substance, brains, conversation, down-to-earthness are qualities I appreciate A LOT in a woman... I'm a sucker for girls who dress in style and have a pair of shoes for every occasion in life... I know, call me shallow!)


"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
Marilyn Monroe

No comments: